STARS TFL Accreditation and Travel Planning
STARS – Sustainable Travel: Active, Responsible, Safe – is an accreditation scheme for schools, nurseries and colleges to inspire young Londoners to travel sustainably, actively, responsibly and safely.
In doing this, STARS empowers pupils and improves the safety and wellbeing of the whole community. It also encourages active travel behaviour and improves the environment around the school.
Almost 1,500 schools, nurseries and colleges in London are STARS accredited.
Participation in STARS can benefit the whole school community:
- Children are healthier; pupils are more energetic and better prepared to participate throughout the school day
- Improved attendance and academic success
- Fewer cars, less congestion and improved air quality around the school
- Equipping young people with valuable life skills to travel actively, responsibly and safely
- Recognition within the school, the local community and across London for travel related achievements