Absence from School - The Law
The following bullet points are requirements of the law and have not been set by Russet House School. They apply to all children who attend school.
- As a parent (or person responsible) for a pupil registered at Russet House School, you are responsible for making sure he/she attends school regularly.
- Whenever possible, family holidays should be taken during the school holidays.
- The school is responsible for granting permission for absence, and can authorise absences.
- If you want permission for your child to miss school for a very special occasion you should ask permission, well in advance, giving full details.
- Please do not expect permission to be granted. We will consider your request carefully and take your child’s attendance record into account.
- If you wish to proceed, please click on the link below to download the request form. Please return your completed form to the Headteacher via the school office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org